A native of La Plata, Susan is proud to be able to work with and serve the people of the Southern Maryland community. She grew up trying to keep up with her 4 older brothers and was active in softball, basketball, and volleyball. Her interest in sports led to her study Kinesiology at the University of Maryland, College Park and then on to earn a Master and a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
Susan began her career at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore and from there she took an interest in outpatient orthopedics and sports medicine. She continues to pursue her goal of maximizing her skills as a manual therapist. She has been certified in Trigger Point Dry Needling for 5 years and feels it’s an amazing compliment to her other Physical Therapy techniques.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Maryland, Baltimore 2004
- Master of Physical Therapy, University of Maryland, Baltimore 2001
- Bachelor of Science Kinesiology, University of Maryland at College Park 1998
- Level 2 Certified in Functional Dry Needling through Kinetacore
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment – Advanced Certification
- Functional Movement Screen – Level 1 Certified
- Functional Movement Screen – Level 2 Certified
- North American Institute of Manual Therapy Level II Certification
- American Physical Therapy Association Orthopedic Section